It’s also a huge temptation that Amazon.com has some drool worthy Father’s Day goodies on discount. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I wouldn’t consider these gifts if it were not for the discounts Amazon gives us dads (or to the people buying gifts for dads) this very special day.
So, do you want to know my wish list for Father’s Day gifts? Here are some things that get me excited:
Movies and Music
|I sooo can't wait|
2. Lecrae albums like Rehab and Rebel. My favorite Christian rapper of all time. I'd like to collect his work. Too bad Cagayan de Oro, Philippines is a bit wanting on the Christian Hip Hop scene, so I’ll have to depend on outside (the country) sources.
3. Rhema Soul's new album Red. This awesome group is what got me into Christian hiphop in the first place. I’ve heard parts of their newest work and I must say, I’m once again impressed.
4. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Returns. I just LOVE Christopher Nolan’s take on the Batman mythos. While I’m (im)patiently waiting for the latest, and last, Batman movie to come out in less than a month’s time, I just realized that I do not have the previous two movies in my collection. Why in the world, not? That’s a must have for a comic book geek like me.
5. WWE: Greatest Rivalries - Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart I used to be a wrestling geek, and I outgrew it around the time when things got pretty nasty and personal between two of my favorite stars of all time, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, culminating in the infamous Montreal Screwjob. WWE released this DVD about them burying the hatchet in an intense face to face interview, and to say that I was intrigued is a huge understatement.
1. Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair) I used to be a gym rat when I was young (young and yummy, haha) but now, with so much going on in my life such as 3 kids, a full time job, some stuff on the side like this blog, and ministry, I don’t have the time (not to mention money, and energy) to go all out in the gym like I used to. Plus, I recently found out that almost all of the gains in workouts are accomplished during the first set, making doing 3 or 4 sets of the same exercise unnecessary and therefore causing gym memberships to be less practical. What would take the cake, however, is an excellent home dumbbell set that would allow me to adjust the weight quickly and could adjust to be light enough for the small muscle exercises (like side lateral raises) and heavy enough for the large muscle group exercises (like bent-over dumbbell rows).
2. ProSource Heavy-Duty Easy Gym Doorway Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar. Another must for me in the fitness department. Couple this with a good dip belt with chain so that I can hang a dumbbell around my waist in case my own body weight in doing pull ups get too light.
3. K-Swiss Men's Blade-Light 329 Cross-Training Shoe,Black Charcoal,11.5 M US. I was going to pick running shoes, since I do more running than anything else as my form of fitness, but I know time will come when I’ll hit the tennis courts again, and I’d also like shoes that look good enough to wear while I’m out in the mall. K-Swiss shoes usually have that athletic yet classic look that I like.
1. Haggar Men's Washable Satin Stripe Tie, Pink, One Size. I know, I know, it’s the Father’s Day gift that nobody likes because it’s so cliché. I however, would appreciate ties in my line of work. As a teacher, I have to go to proms and graduation ceremonies every year. Of course, parents and (especially) students alike will notice when you rock the same outfit at a previous event, so I always have to come up with new looks...especially since I emcee them.
2. Kenneth Cole Reaction Mens Nappa Pass The Buck Wallet, Brown, One Size. My wallet has served me a long and faithful tenure, but I think I do need to retire it. If someone gets me a new wallet for Father’s Day, I’d be thankful much.
3. Dockers Men's Gordon Cap Toe Oxford,Black,12 M US Both my black and brown dress shoes are close to retirement as well. Need to sport new ones, and Amazon has these on sale, so yippee!
4. My favorite men's colognes. Lookin' good is half the battle. You gotta smell good, too. My favorite scents are Coolwater, Hugo Boss, and Clinique Happy.
Books (please also see my previous blog post where I recommend books for dads)
1. Courageous Living: Dare to Take a Stand. I’m a huge fan of the movie Courageous (that movie is so convicting), and I sure do want to make the commitment of being the kind of father God wants me to be. And so, this book will show me how.
2. Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling While I don’t watch wrestling anymore, I never get tired of learning what goes on behind the scenes and what the wrestlers go through as they perform all over the world. Bret Hart was my favorite wrestler, and so I can’t wait to learn what happened to him during his illustrious career.
3. Open: An Autobiography. Andre Agassi was my childhood hero, and I surely want to read about what he went through as a struggling player who reinvented tennis, at least in the minds of young players like me.
I guess that’s pretty much it. What's your wishlist for gifts for dads? Father's Day is just around the corner. If you’re interested in getting that special gift to the dads in your life, try Amazon.com’s Father’s Day promos. You might find awesome deals.