Well, well, not bad for a noob who could barely navigate through the ins and outs of the blogsphere. Yesterday, I received a very pleasant surprise: Lessons Of A Dad is among the nominees for the upcoming Philippine Blog Awards for Mindanao 2011.
Specifically, I am one of the four nominees for the Lifestyle category.
First of all, congrats to everyone who have made it on the list of nominees, below. You guys are all awesome bloggers, and I am honored and humbled to be mentioned among you.
Second, thanks to all who read, support, and comment on Lessons Of A Dad. I started this pet project of a blog in June this year to encourage readers in the areas of parenting, marriage, Pinoy patriotism, Christian ministry, and others. However, please note that your likes and comments (whether verbal or on cyberspace) also minister to me just as strongly. (My love language is Words of Affirmation, remember?) Thank you, everyone.
The awards night will be held next Saturday, Nov. 26, 2011, at General Santos City. I’m really torn about going or not, because of both prior ministry commitments and funds (I’m not a spendthrift, ok? Just had to cash out a lot, and I mean a LOT more than usual in the past month).
Anyway, below is the official list of the nominees per category for the Philippine Blog Awards for Mindanao 2011. Congrats again to everyone listed. Oh, a big kudos to the creator of the beautiful poster, below, Erwin Bantilan. Great, great job.
BEAUTY AND FASHION
• Pinoy TV Critic – http://www.pinoytvcritic.com
• Chamimay on Flats – http://www.chamimayonflats.blogspot.com/
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• Eat’s Terrific – http://www.ormanmanansala.com/
• Tilamsik ng Diwa – http://www.akosiisko.wordpress.com
• Mindanaoan – http://www.mindanaoan.com
• Lessons Of A Dad – http://www.lessonsofadad.com
• Turtz on the Go – http://www.turtzonthego.blogspot.com
• Lantaw – http://www.lantaw.blogspot.com
• Charm Tamba P&S Photography – http://www.charmietambaphotography.blogspot.com/
• Pinoy Mirror – http://www.pinoymirror.blogspot.com/
• The Visual Storyteller – http://www.iamavisualstoryteller.blogspot.com
• Promding Chamimay – http://www.promdingchamimay.com/
• The Gamedok Chronicles – http://www.site.gamedok.net/
• GensanBlog.com – http://www.gensanblog.com
• Geeky Faust – http://www.geekyfaust.info
• The Travel Teller - http://www.thetravelteller.com/
• Your Travel Guide in the Philippines - http://www.pinasbackpackers.com/
• Way Philippines - http://www.wayph.com/
• Pinay Travelista - http://www.pinaytravelista.com/
• Pinay Travelogue - http://www.pinaytravelogue.com/
• Vacation Leave - http://www.vacationleave.blogspot.com/
• The Geek Travels - http://www.thetravelingnomad.com/
• Olanology: Chronicling a Good Voyage - http://www.olanology.com/
• Journeys and Travels - http://www.journeysandtravels.com/
• Markable Me - http://www.markable.me/
• Anything Goes - http://www.sdumalay.blogspot.com/
• The Itinerant’s Path - http://www.vinceleste.com/
• Isip-Bata, Isip-Katha - http://www.pilipinong-katha.blogspot.com/
• My Words, My Life - http://www.hannahcarts.blogspot.com/
• Agong, Tales of Development - http://www.ernestocasiple.blogspot.com/
• Journeys & Travels - http://www.jt76.wordpress.com/
• Adventures in Life - http://www.rncn-adventuresinlife.blogspot.com/
• Proud Mommy of 3 - http://www.mommyrubz.com/
• A Teacher’s Journey - http://www.ateachersjourney.info/
• Letters to Mindanao - http://www.letters2mindanao.wordpress.com/
• My Happy Home - http://www.eleanoraguilar.com/
• Tennis Guru - http://www.tennisguru.net/
• Student Blogger - http://www.studentblogger.net/
• Mom Writes - http://www.momwrites.com/
Best of luck, everyone. Oh, and prayers for God’s favor for yours truly would be greatly appreciated. I’m definitely the noob underdog.